Why Did You Choose Nursing?

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Why Did You Choose Nursing?

Postby purplehippo1 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:25 am

I have always wanted to know why people chose nursing as a career and as a profession. For me, I chose nursing because I believed that it was my personal calling to help people who need it. I also have grown to love the research aspect of the nursing profession. Therefore, I thoroughly enjoy helping people in many different ways. One of my nursing journeys was being a school nurse and I really enjoyed helping the kids feel better and I also enjoyed how the parents were so grateful that there child was feeling better. Please feel free to post your wonderful story here on the forum about why you wanted to become a nurse. Thank you. Marcy CNA
purplehippo1

Re: Why Did You Choose Nursing?

Postby CaribMD » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:18 pm

For me it was to help people with their treatments, teach them how to be compliant with medical regime
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby JamesMarkham » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 pm

As a travel nurse, I can help people and also can travel the world which was one of my dream.
JamesMarkham
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby nupur343 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 am

Because it was my dream and I know that nursing has a great scope and demand increasing very fast. easy to find the jobs in the nursing field and also like to help people...that's why choose to nurse.
nupur343

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum