Rules of CHED on Medical schools in the Philippines

New ones, reviews of old ones, changes and thoughts.

Rules of CHED on Medical schools in the Philippines

Postby Doodleedoo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi!

It is my dream to become a doctor and I'm really studying hard to achieve this. I had just finished my Second year medical school, and I'm off to third year but I want to stop studying in my medical school and go to another medical school and start as first year again. My first year and second year grades are not so good. I feel like I'm just passing these years for the sake of passing and not really learning and understanding what the subjects are. I feel like my medical school is not fit for me and maybe there are other medical schools that is fit for me. That's why I wanted to start a new one again. I want a second chance to prove myself I'm worth being a doctor and that this is really for me.

The problem is I don't know if the CHED would allow this since I already passed my first year and second year. I also don't know if any other medical schools accept me again as first year. So, what do you think about this? Is this possible? Please share me your thoughts or ideas on this. Thank you so much.

Doodleedoo
a confused and lost filipino medical student
Doodleedoo

Re: Rules of CHED on Medical schools in the Philippines

Postby JohnRowas » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm all about having back up plans. Is there an alternative field of study you would consider? It can still be in the medical field. Maybe something with a shorter duration so you can get to earning income faster and also gain experience. Then, maybe you can try med school again. Or, maybe you decide that you like another field better and make a career of that. I'm not sure what things are like in RP in terms of medicine, education and all. But, maybe you need a break for a while. Can you take some time to do something else and come back to it?
JohnRowas

Return to Medical Schools