how the day at nursing program school look like

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: how the day at nursing program school look like

Postby purplehippo1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:29 am

florida2001 wrote:how is the day at school look like in nursing program? how many hours you spent at school first year. do you think is possible to attend full time program and have baby.

The first year of nursing school should look very busy for several reasons. First, you are doing all of your entry-general nursing concepts along with clinical hours and rotations. Then, as you progress into the program the work gets harder and the rotations keep getting harder and harder with more time for practice. I think that you can do nursing school and take care of your baby as well. I just think that you would need to have a really good schedule and map out what you will be doing for the week and weekend. Also, have really good daycare so that they could watch the baby while you are in school. I wish you the best. Marcy CNA
purplehippo1

Postby Christian_Larsen » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Congratulations into getting into nursing school. That is a huge accomplishment and I applaud you for pursuing nursing as your career. I can remember when I got into nursing school; I was so happy and I felt that my dreams were coming true and the hard work paid off in pre-nursing. A day at the nursing program depends on your program that you attend. An LPN school is like a lot of days in lecture class and then you go the clinical. My BSN program was like a few days were lecture in nursing, one afternoon was lab, and two part days were clinical. It changed as the work got harder. I am going to give you some information regarding nursing:

http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/acls- ... ining.html

Thank you and good luck to you.
Christian_Larsen
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby Christian_Larsen » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:27 pm

The day at my nursing program was interesting because no day was the same. Everyday during the week was so different for the nursing program that I was in. The typical day went like this:
1. Wake up and eat breakfast
2. Drive to school
3. Go to my assigned nursing classes and rotations
4. Go to my skilled lab classes
5. Eat lunch
6. Go to my assigned classes
7. Drive home
8. Study
9. Go to bed and set the alarm clock

This is an article about what goes on in nursing school:

http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/acls- ... ining.html
Christian_Larsen
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby Christian_Larsen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:49 pm

The nursing program typically looks like a very busy day and semester. The morning time is either in lecture, lab, or rotation at different nursing sites. There usually is a time for lunch. Then, in the afternoon, the nursing students either go to class, lecture, lab, or a clinical rotation. It all depends on the school, the type of nursing program, and what type of day is it. This is a web link that you can read about:

http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/acls- ... ystem.html

This is the respiratory system and it is information that is very beneficial for nursing school.
Christian_Larsen
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby Christian_Larsen » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:13 pm

The nursing program should be something like this:

1. They should take a TEAS test or a pre-entrance test.
2. They should get a course book and select classed to take.
3. If they are taking pre-nursing classes, then they should select those classes their first year or two.
4. They should also be taking rotation clinical classes and lab classes.
5. There should be an after school class that helps students with lab work or class questions.
6. There should be an NCLEX Review course in every nursing school.

I hope this helps.
Christian_Larsen
Scutophile
Scutophile

Previous | Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum