how the day at nursing program school look like

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

how the day at nursing program school look like

Postby florida2001 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 am

how is the day at school look like in nursing program? how many hours you spent at school first year. do you think is possible to attend full time program and have baby.
florida2001

Re: how the day at nursing program school look like

Postby CaribMD » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 pm

florida2001 wrote:how is the day at school look like in nursing program? how many hours you spent at school first year. do you think is possible to attend full time program and have baby.

Yes you can have a baby, but I spent 7 hours a day at Nursing school when there.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby EmilyW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:19 pm

I'm in nursing school right now. I don't have children yet, but it is pretty intense. Lots of late nights reading and studying... then again I've never been one for the Sciences & Lab Chem for Health, or Microbiology for HealthSciences Lab programs. The courses like Fundamentals of Nursing & Psychiatric Nursing are really enjoyable and easier for me.
EmilyW

Postby Christian_Larsen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:51 pm

I think it depends on your personality and parenting style. If you don't mind using babysitters and plan on using formula - then great - if not, you might feel torn. Also, depends how easy your baby is. Some kids are big sleepers and make it seem like a piece of cake and others...well...they get you up from 1-3 and 5-7 am, so then you're not really fresh and ready for a day of school. Otherwise you can either wait to get pregnant or wait until your kids are school-aged to study. Or at least able to sleep through the night :P

Good luck!
Christian_Larsen
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby CaribMD » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 am

duaneconnell wrote:You are not alone or the first one to be attending a full time nursing program and have a baby. Actually there are some nursing students that get pregnant and give birth during the whole nursing school years. It is a part of life that entails great adjustments that you need to balance. You can still breastfeed by pumping your milk, that is to ensure that your baby will get the maximum benefit he or she can get.
To be in a nursing school take s a lot of demand, this includes concentration, focus, and your time. It ranges from 8 to 10 hours at school or at hospital. All you need to do is go for time management and a sitter perhaps to help you look for your baby while you are gone. The beginning is only the hardest and of course, you can do it with proper adjustments, help, and time management. Good luck. You can do it!

When I went to Nursing School ( back in the dark ages) it was all day plus, I worked part time and it was tough. If you can go and not work this would be best. GL
CaribMD
The One
The One

Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum