St. George School of Med entry 2014 or DO school entry 2014

New ones, reviews of old ones, changes and thoughts.

St. George School of Med entry 2014 or DO school entry 2014

Postby wideouts » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Hey guys. I need all the bright minds and insight of you all to offer me advice as I prepare to make a decision of beginning my medical education. So here it goes. I was admitted to St. George med school which is in the Caribbean for this fall 2014. I am aware that St. George is the a premier medical school in the islands, and that is why I applied. However, I was admitted into a US osteopathic (DO) medical school for entry in fall of 2015. Essentially, I am in the dilemma of deciding to start med school this fall at St. George, or wait until next fall 2015 to start at a US osteopathic school. What advice to you guys have to give me? is the year wait for the US DO school worth it? Is SGU worth beginning this fall? Please help with advice. Particularly, if there are any current SGU students or alumni, please offer your words. Thank you.
wideouts

Re: St. George School of Med entry 2014 or DO school entry 2

Postby foville1859 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Agree with 'ellitea' that preparedness, and the time to sort out everything else in your life besides academics, could be beneficial. I know it doesn't seem that way at first because most students are eager to get on with their educations, especially if it is the opportunity to enter a clinical program. Would look at it in terms of investment in the long-term future career, as to which path to take
foville1859
Gunner
Gunner

Re: St. George School of Med entry 2014 or DO school entry 2

Postby Sawank » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am

Though I am not an alumni of St . George academics but yes have heard a lot of good reviews about the same . St George is worth shot .
Sawank
Scutophile
Scutophile

Return to Medical Schools