Medical Schools in Porto Rico

New ones, reviews of old ones, changes and thoughts.

Re: Medical Schools in Porto Rico

Postby artloversplus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:33 pm

So the statement was true. That all PR med schools will require fluency of Spanish. In that, one of the schools indicated that classes COULD be taught in Spanish and the other requires bilingual those are enough to say that if you are not bilingual, you just are not going to survive. It is all or nothing, just one class each semester is taught in Spanish is going to make English speaking only student fail the school.
artloversplus
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby Abdullah » Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 am

It is true that quality of US medical schools is better than PR. And, usually admission requirements are high than PR. Although all medical schools are using almost same text book but due to high quality research facility and lab US medical schools are better than PR. If you can get admitted in US medical schools that would be best. Here is a list of top medical schools in us. You may choose any of them.
Abdullah
Gunner
Gunner

Postby artloversplus » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:48 pm

To listen to a graduate level lecture, you not only have to be fully understood the language, but also you need to know all the technical terms in that lecture. Therefore, there is no room for a non-native Spanish student to attend any med school in PR.
artloversplus
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby josemichel » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Percival B wrote:Ponce School of Medicine
San Juan Bautista School of Medicine
Universidad Central Del Caribe School of Medicine
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine

I remember getting an unsolicited brochure and application packet in the mail from Ponce, I remember that name, and maybe one of the other ones... they were recruiting U.S. students on the basis of MCAT scores, I think, because otherwise there is no way those offshore admissions offices could have known I was applying to med school

Any accredited medical school program is probably going to give you the phenq reviews resources you need to prepare yourself, in a sense it is what you make of it and you get out what you put into it, in the form of studying. Self-motivation irrespective of context.

That having been said, I believe that Puerto Rico, being a U.S. territory is a better bet for academics than the Caribbean schools in non-U.S. nations

Very true that one needs to prepare them self. I would also like to add one point in support to your view is if you want to be in competitive market, Porto Ric o is better option.

And yes knowledge of Spanish is mandatory as lectures and other communication uses that language.
Last edited by josemichel on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josemichel

Previous | 

Return to Medical Schools