What Do People Think about Nurses?

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: What Do People Think about Nurses?

Postby purplehippo1 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 am

I believe that nurses most of the time are respected in the healthcare field. Nurses either make care plans or carry them out. However, people sometimes feel that nurses carry a lot of weight around for the doctor and the rest of the medical staff. The answer to that question is true. Nurses not only give medications and write care plans, but they show compassion and concern for other people. They are the front lines when it comes to helping people. Nurses should be treasured because they are wonderful people and I am so thankful that men have decided to become nurses because they are valuable on the healthcare team. Marcy CNA
purplehippo1

Postby LuisDiaz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:37 am

I agree with previous answer. Nurse is a respectable profession.
LuisDiaz

Postby ChristineT » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:03 am

I think there are still uninformed folks out there who see nurses as subordinate to doctors or even as the female version of doctors! Don't believe me? Then check out all the brouhaha about the new Doctor Who being female.

Spoiler alert - some people just don't know or they don't want to know, that the world has changed since 1917.
ChristineT

Previous | 

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum