What Do People Think about Nurses?

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

What Do People Think about Nurses?

Postby amygarside » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks to the media, nurses have been portrayed in a certain way that many people think that they are really like that in real life. There are still many misconceptions about nurses even at this modern times. I do believe that they are more than the doctor's assistant. They are health care professionals in their own rights.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Re: What Do People Think about Nurses?

Postby CaribMD » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:01 pm

What do you mean?

I have been an RN for 23 years
MD for a year now

Both are different in a way, Nurses are educated caregivers

Nurses are care delivery experts
Doctors are diagnosis and treatment experts
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby amygarside » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 am

What I mean is sometimes, people still think that nurses are frustrated doctors most of the time. They think that just because they are nurses they think that they did not make it to medical school or something.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Postby CaribMD » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 am

amygarside wrote:What I mean is sometimes, people still think that nurses are frustrated doctors most of the time. They think that just because they are nurses they think that they did not make it to medical school or something.

As a Man yes I got that a lot but Nursing is a profession an is respectable on its own. Most people do not understand that Nursing school and Medical school are 2 different things and that Nurses are not "Almost Doctors" Even Nurses do not understand this at times
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby amygarside » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks for your opinion on this matter, really appreciate it. Hope you had a good Christmas.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum