help c motivation

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

help c motivation

Postby shelli » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

I have been a cna/cma for about 8 years. I finished all the required prereqs for the nursing program. Currently I am about to finish the first semester of the nursing program. I feel very unhappy. Three years ago I was excited to learn nursing. Now, I am annoyed. All I hear about is how hard AC1 is going to be next semester, how stressful being a nurse is, etc., etc. I worked really hard and came all this way to be where I am today. And now I want to quit. I have an appt to talk with the D.O.N. at the school and I am going to take some interest tests. I just don't understand what happened. Why did I loose my motivation to become a nurse? :?
shelli

Re: help c motivation

Postby CaribMD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am

You have to do a lot of things in Nursing school you will not like, I did when I was in Nursing school and then I have as a Doctor too, if there is an area of Nursing you want to practice then focus on that, it will be worth it.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: help c motivation

Postby amygarside » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you will find a way to overcome it so that you can continue to be a nurse. If not, then it is maybe not for you at this time.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum