Trinity College Dublin

New ones, reviews of old ones, changes and thoughts.

Trinity College Dublin

Postby medstudentindublin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 pm

Hey all; I just want to let people know about what a horrible experience I have had at Trinity College Dublin Medical school as an international student. I would not recommend that any international student study there from my personal experience of having studied in med school there.

From my personal experience and from the experience of many international med students who I have known who have studied medicine at Trinity, the international med students are not treated with the same respect as Irish students. My personal experience at Trinity has been an absolute nightmare.... and I am not exagerating when I use the word nightmare. I lost $200,000 from studying at Trinity. In the end I was forced to transfer to another med school. I was not treated the same as an international student as the Irish students were.

The way that I was treated in Ireland at Trinity College Dublin, no student should EVER have to go through what I went through. I am considering suing. I was called "stupid" by instructors in front of my medical peers. Not only that, but studying medicine at Trinity is actually quite dangerous in regards to teh HIV scare I had there. Let me tell you about that. I was assisting in surgery one day in one of the clinicals in the hospital. I was helping to reattach tendons in a patient's hand and it was a bloody procedure. Because my face was close to the operating field and I felt the need to protect my face against blood spatter to protect against HIV transmission... The doctor I was working with had a full face shield on her face. While I was assisting in the surgery, the doctor told the nurse in the room to remove the mask from my face as teh doctor felt that I did not need a mask on!!! Blood spattered onto my shirt!!! I felt very uncomfortable as any blood spatter on mouth can cause HIV transmission. After the surgery, I was later told by the doctor that most of the patients in the clinic were HIV positive!!! I have so many horror stories from that place Trinity. If anyone is considering going there please do not go! It was hell! And this is true.
medstudentindublin

Re: Trinity College Dublin

Postby truetoo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 pm

I had a horrible time at Trinity College Dublin's Medical School and the irish students do not pay for the program the international student pay hugh fees. I am in Debt of 400,000.00 and was asked to return home from the program after being failed out of my class. I came out as gay and went from being a second class honor student to being failed repeatly and expect to pay to continue the program. The Dean of the Medical School basically told me this wasn't the place for some one like me. If your Gay do not go, and if you are there don't come out until you have your degree in your hand. The risk I took with Trinity College Dublin has ruined my life.
truetoo

Postby Sameherenotkidding » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 pm

truetoo wrote:I had a horrible time at Trinity College Dublin's Medical School and the irish students do not pay for the program the international student pay hugh fees. I am in Debt of 400,000.00 and was asked to return home from the program after being failed out of my class. I came out as gay and went from being a second class honor student to being failed repeatly and expect to pay to continue the program. The Dean of the Medical School basically told me this wasn't the place for some one like me. If your Gay do not go, and if you are there don't come out until you have your degree in your hand. The risk I took with Trinity College Dublin has ruined my life.

Same story the dean told me the same line. What a &$!?5;. He'll whole to put a person in.
Sameherenotkidding

Postby Sameherenotkidding » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Same true story for myself in 2007. We are not alone in the debt and discrimination the bigots in tcd medicine spread around. Very horrible to be descrimnated against in your academic life but to be march of all the tuition as well. I am very hurt by my time at TCD 2003-2008. Could a class action law suit work in our favor?
Sameherenotkidding

Postby Amy Turner » Mon May 29, 2017 3:10 am

A colleague of mine studied there, and discrimination coupled with debt is the common problem i guess with most of foreign students.
Amy Turner
Scutophile
Scutophile

Return to Medical Schools