CNA Online Course!

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: CNA Online Course!

Postby Ghosnoy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:15 am

Want more Details
Ghosnoy

Postby purplehippo1 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:14 am

My name is Marcy and I am a CNA myself and have been one since 1999. I think that taking online CNA theory course would be OK, but the problem is that a student would need to have direct patient care for the clinical aspect of the course. However, you can do that virtually. I believe that possibly in the future or a few years from now, there would be a computer program that would have a patient on a table and a nurse who would simulate the student. The computer would give the nurse theory nursing questions and the nurse would answer them and do them on the computer by the computer keys. I could see that coming soon, but I still say that practicing on a patient mannequin or another nursing student is the best way.
purplehippo1

Postby JamesMarkham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 am

CNA classes online is becoming more prevalent and gaining in popularity. Taking online cna classes for the cna certification has several major benefits. Many people that want to become cnas already have full time jobs and online classes allows them to fit the courses in during non-work hours. If you are a single parent, cna classes online offers the flexibility to maintain work and family life. In addition, online cna classes can be cheaper than by taking regular classes. Doing so can sometimes be a less expensive way to receive the non-clinical part of your cna training. Sometimes, students may be even able to find free cna classes online options.

The objective for all online cna classes is to transfer the medical knowledge and skills that nursing students require to pass the cna certification exam. In some cases, cna classes are used by certified nursing assistants to update their medical information and also for those who want to get re-certified.

In addition to the online cna classes, students still need to complete the clinical requirements. This includes the credit hour requirements for students working directly with patients. Even though this is required before testing for certification can be completed, attending most of the hours online frees the student from a majority of their time obligations.

CNA classes can be a big commitment in terms of time and money so it is best to thoroughly research this career before signing up. Also, prospective nurses can familiarize themselves with the job by volunteering at your local medical facilities. Even if you find nursing is not right for you, there are many jobs within the medical field that will require the skills and knowledge that comes from taking and completing cna classes.

Before signing up for online cna classes, prospective nursing students should factor in the the necessary time commitments to complete the nursing program.cna certification can be quickly finished and is one of the fastest program available in the health care field. Many students are eligible for work within a few months. The nursing state board requires cna classes to train students 75 to 125 hours before the exam. The training hours includes class lectures that can be learned over the internet and also clinical and lab hours which must be completed in person.

Hope, Above information will add some value to this forum.
JamesMarkham
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby JamesMarkham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 am

Additional Tips and Advice for CNA Classes

1. Many private and public schools provide these courses to the interested students. Some convenient options include your local state colleges, community colleges, and online colleges.

2. Buy textbooks and other class materials. Every certified nursing assistant training class differs in their clinical and classroom portion. Your best bet to save money is to use a book price comparison engine.

3. Pay for tuition. The fees for cna classes vary based on location and educational institution. Many schools offer installment payment plans to help ease the financial burden.

4. Pass the necessary placement tests. At some nursing colleges, it is a requirement that placement tests be completed successfully before beginning a cna class. Passing placement tests ensures that students have the required reading and other basic skills for the course.
JamesMarkham
Scutophile
Scutophile

Previous | 

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum