CNA Online Course!

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

CNA Online Course!

Postby lanabilyk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello everybody.

This is my first time here. And already a lot of questions.

I am thinking on going to nursing school next year and for that I need to take CNA course.

Have any of you tried to do it online, and if you did, how was it?

Thank you very much
lanabilyk

Re: CNA Online Course!

Postby mycnajobs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm

The thing about taking a CNA course online is that you still need to do the clinical portion of your training in-person. Additionally, you may want to double-check that your state allows online training for the classroom portion of it. Good luck!
mycnajobs

Postby donald » Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 am

when it comes to medical online courses, here is the right click for you http://www.healthedsolutions.com/
donald
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby myjade_84 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:40 pm

The biggest benefit of becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant online is that you will get a chance to student wherever you want and whenever you like – you have to set your own schedule and work accordingly. In fact, there is no better way of being enrolled in a program and still be in total control of your time. While studying the theoretical portion of your CNA certification classes, you will have the freedom to choose the time and place, which could be your home as well. You can continue doing your job, yet don’t have to worry about missing your online CNA class.
myjade_84

Postby monica_76 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 am

Just replying to this thread because I've recently completed a CNA program online, and this might help anyone who happens on this thread.

here are a few things I got out of it:

1. Make sure your program is state approved. If not, you won't be able to earn your certification and it'll end up being a waste of money

2. A clinical portion is a must! I read a lot of people who take CNA courses online but never get any clinical training. Well, employers almost only choose candidates that have both knowledge and clinical training, so you will have to schedule clinical training on an oncampus site

3. Be an active student. since you'll be studying online, you might be prone to procrastination and not paying as much attention to the coursework as you might in a real classroom setting. so some students might end up completing the program without really having got any training out of it. so whenever you study, make sure you are focused and paying attention, and don't hesitate to ask questions

to find cna programs online, I'd recommend checking out http://cna-classes-online.net, it goes through everything you'll get out of it and the steps you'll need to take to do it right. or, you can read this guide--http://cna-classes-online.net/how-to-become-a-cna--to learn the traditonal way of becoming one

hope this helps!
monica_76

Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum