Nursing School How long will it take?

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: Nursing School How long will it take?

Postby greentealover » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 pm

In my experience, I received my BSN in 4 years. Prereqs took me 1.5 yrs at university and CC (budget cuts=impossible to get classes). For the nursing program I applied to, you had to wait 1 sem or you could apply w/ 1 prereq class in progress (not an option for me since I was taking micro and physio - both required for admission). I chose the accelerated program 6 sem/2 years (fall, spring, summer). We did not have any online classes during the nursing program
greentealover

Postby donald » Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 am

If you really keen on knowing more on nursing programs or courses, Here is the best click for you http://www.northwesterncollege.edu/care ... ms/nursing
donald
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby vicky25 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:09 am

It varies from program to program students without nursing experience can take a full 4-year BSN program and licensure exam, while those with an ADN or prior RN licensure can take a 2-year RN-to-BSN program. Prospective nurses with a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing can enroll in a 2-year accelerated BSN program.
vicky25

Postby Sawank » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:02 am

In BSN program it will take 4 years or in ADM program it will take 2 years so It's all depends on you that which one program you want to choose.
Sawank
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby SarahKlein » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:40 pm

There are many different ways to become a nurse and some take longer than others. If you want to check out my site on http://www.nursepractitionerprogramshq.com, you should. It's new, but I'm adding information all the time to give people a better idea of what to expect in nursing school.

Sarah
SarahKlein

Previous | Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum