What Undergrad Major to Pick for Med school?

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Re: What Undergrad Major to Pick for Med school?

Postby cfs37 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Is being set apart from the people who have been doing Bio a good thing? I am also trying to figure out my major and am not sure which way to go. I love the sciences but also to really well in the psych's
cfs37

Postby aharrcoop3 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:11 am

I called the med school I am interested in, spoke with one of the admissions counselors and told her my intended major in photography and minor in missions and she said it was fine as long as I got in the required science courses and some of the recommended science courses, so I will major in Photography, my passion, and minor in biology to cover all necessary and recommended courses.
aharrcoop3

Postby CaribMD » Sun May 17, 2009 9:07 am

aharrcoop3 wrote:I called the med school I am interested in, spoke with one of the admissions counselors and told her my intended major in photography and minor in missions and she said it was fine as long as I got in the required science courses and some of the recommended science courses, so I will major in Photography, my passion, and minor in biology to cover all necessary and recommended courses.

Cool just do well in the science!
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby premdmaa » Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm

What are the prereq's for Med school when majoring in something other than science?
Is it the same as the prereq's taken in community college to transfer to a CSU or USC plus an additional of what other classes?
premdmaa

Postby CaribMD » Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 pm

premdmaa wrote:What are the prereq's for Med school when majoring in something other than science?
Is it the same as the prereq's taken in community college to transfer to a CSU or USC plus an additional of what other classes?

:?: :?:

1 yr of each Bio, Chem, Ochem, physics, :wink:
CaribMD
The One
The One

Previous | Next

Return to Premed Forum