Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 pm
Nursing is so hard because of these particular things:
1. The standards of nursing have greatly changed in that it used to be that an associated degree or an ADN was enough for an RN to work and be a professional and qualified nurse; now the BSN is the nursing degree that is considered a professional and qualified nurse.
2. A nurse who has an ADN is still qualified and professional, but usually most of them get their BSN degree after awhile of nursing on the job.
3. In every nursing program, the students have to take a test to show their pre-nursing skills. The test is called TEAS or some other test that tests general knowledge of math, science, and English.
4. Every nurse has to be computer literate because most charting is done through computers.
All of these things contribute to why nursing is so hard.
Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:50 am
Nursing is so hard for all of these reasons:
1. There are more rules and regulations regarding nursing now.
2. Students have to take drug tests in order to get into certain nursing school programs.
3. The nursing boards have to change rules and regulations often.
4. The nurse practice acts are changing in the states.
5. Nursing is an extremely important profession that has changed over 30 years.
6. You have to take a test in order to get into a nursing program now.
7. Critical thinking is key in all of nursing and nurses have to do it more now than ever before.
8. Nursing has come to the most changed profession in the 21st century.
Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:15 am
Nursing is so hard these days for these reasons:
1. The rules and regulations are harder today than they were 10 years ago.
2. Nurses have to learn so much and also learn advanced practices.
3. Nurses have to understand the levels of treatment care.
4. They have to understand the growing and changing healthcare needs of people in today's society.
5. Nurses have to be on guard for everything in healthcare.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:19 am
It seems people are encouraged to pursue higher nursing positions nowadays. Also, healthcare is constantly expanding which gives you more things to remember. It's always been hard imo though
Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:02 am
Nursing is so hard because our society is becoming harder and harder into getting a good and qualified job due to the following reasons:
1. Our culture is so diverse.
2. English is just one language among other languages that nurses need to know.
3. Nurses need to be equipped in handling other aspects of the job like cleaning and non-nursing duties.
4. The job market is such that nurses to other jobs in their own job that are not nursing as part of their job descriptions.