Nursing School How long will it take?

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Re: Nursing School How long will it take?

Postby susan10 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Depends on a lot of things... There are online programs that are faster than regular ones. And also cheaper.
susan10

Postby VessleOfGod » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:07 pm

hey, Im a prospective nursing student and I was wondering.. How is the Nurse anthesthetist job outlook? I've heard certain things about anesthesists vs. nurses anesthesists. Some people say it is better to be a nurse rather than a physician because your job is more stable.
I've heard that you no longer have to be supervised in the OR. So what is the purpose of an anesthesiologist? It seems like the nurses will soon take over as the years go by. Hospitals would rather pay a nurse's pay for an anesthesiologist's job. Makes sense.
VessleOfGod
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby kodardavis » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:37 am

I am looking into going to school to become a nurse but i wanted to find out the time frame that i will have to be in school.
kodardavis

Postby jonk916 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Ya I am actually hearing that BSN might be the requirement for the RN license in the next few years. I am not sure if that is completely true but it is something a nursing director told me.

I have a few friends that work in hospitals, and I myself am a paramedic and RN student. Pretty much the advice I get is just volunteer like crazy. Just go in like it is your real job, get to know people and boom you get hired no problem. That is something most people won't do, and that is why they get beat by people that will do it. It is a pain to get a job right out of school at the moment BSN or no BSN. It's all about that smile and creativity.
jonk916

Postby nycnurse » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Yes overall it takes about 6 years from start to finish!
nycnurse

Previous | Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum