financial aid/loans with a house?

Student loan experts provide advice and support on medical student loan debt and repayment.

Moderator: Adminnaoum

financial aid/loans with a house?

Postby miaou5 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:27 am

i'm currently thinking about buying a condo, with my parents as cosigners for the mortgage. i'm also going to be going to med school in a couple years, so will this negatively affect my eligibility for financial loans for med school? how about financial aid? thanks so much in advance!
miaou5

Re: financial aid/loans with a house?

Postby DOdoc » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi,

Havingyour mortgage first and then applying for student loans should not be an issue. There is a lot of money available by way of loans and when you draw student loans, these are not immediately in payback the way a mortgage does. For further information, you can call SallieMae (a big-kahuna lender) directly and ask to speak to a loan agent and they should be able to give more specific details.

Good luck in your pursuits!

Dr. F.
DOdoc
Gunner
Gunner

Postby sophie008 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 am

I agree with Dodoc, but at some point I guess prioritization in your part will be very effective with regard to your concern. This is because having both a mortgage loan and a student loan might cause you too much trouble in the long run.
sophie008

Postby zarmeda » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:57 pm

"because having both a mortgage loan and a student loan might cause you too much trouble in the long run"
yeah thank u sow much
zarmeda

Return to Financial Aid