Oprah is taking over the good stuff :(

Review your favorite medical TV show.
Was it medically accurate? Was it anatomically accurate (that is, do residents actually look like that?)?

Oprah is taking over the good stuff :(

Postby Kim » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 pm

My roomate was reading a clip he saw on the internet outloud, so i only got bits and pieces of it.

It said that Oprah got her own TV channel now, and that they will be replacing Discovery Health with the new OWC (Oprah Channel)

what the hell...Discovery Health is amazing...why the hell would they do that? Does anybody know if this is true?
Kim
Scutophile
Scutophile

Re: Oprah is taking over the good stuff :(

Postby will381796 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Kim wrote:My roomate was reading a clip he saw on the internet outloud, so i only got bits and pieces of it.

It said that Oprah got her own TV channel now, and that they will be replacing Discovery Health with the new OWC (Oprah Channel)

what the hell...Discovery Health is amazing...why the hell would they do that? Does anybody know if this is true?

Seems like its true.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... anada.aspx
will381796
Fellow
Fellow

Postby Cash McCallister » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Discovery Health has some good stuff on it, but I get tired of 90% of the content having to do with obesity. Mystery Diagnosis is good though, and the Medical Examiner show (I can't remember the full name).

That being said, Oprah sucks so bad. This gives me one more reason to hate her.
Cash McCallister
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Kim » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:03 pm

I like Trauma, Life in the ER the most. I enjoyed the plastic surgery shows also.

That blows...

I wouldnt doubt if Oprah became president one day (sadly)....she is taking over...her and her 'tips' on how to have a great life...
Kim
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby Cash McCallister » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Sorry, the Medical Examiner show I was talking about comes on hte learning channel and is called "Dr. G.: Medical Examiner." At least Oprah wont be ruining that show.
Cash McCallister
Spaminator
Spaminator

Next

Return to Medical TV Shows