LECOM (Erie) accepted/ attending students

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Postby tms2 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:26 pm

welcome! good luck and let me know how it goes!
tms2
Scutophile
Scutophile

hey!

Postby Arboth » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:13 pm

I have an interview at LECOM-Erie in about a month. How was the whole interview day? Any pointers?
Arboth
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: hey!

Postby tms2 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 am

Arboth wrote:I have an interview at LECOM-Erie in about a month. How was the whole interview day? Any pointers?

It was from 8am - 1 pm, plan to arrive a little early. The day was generally relaxed. Most of consisted of presentations about the school. Then, during those presentations, someone will caome and call out your name, where you'll be taken for the 'real interview' Two people will interview you, in my case one was an M.D. but part of the faculty, the other was a biochemistry professor. They'll ask about 10-12 questions. The questions are vrey general...why medicine, why osteopathic...etc Nothing out of the ordinary. Also, you'll be asked to summerize a a short article which you'd have been given earlier.
After that, they'll take you to lunch (the food was terrible!!) and then a tour of the campus.
Overall, the interview was way more relaxed than i had expected.
Good luck
tms2
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby chevellerolet » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:28 pm

heyyy just got a letter for an interview yesterday!! so excited playas. nah but anyways what were some of the other questions they asked. i was just curious as to what i should be prepared for
chevellerolet

Postby A817 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:59 pm

they asked basic questions, strengths and weakness, how do work in a team, how do you handle conflicts, why do you want to be a DO. They make you read an article and then you have to sum it up. I had a terrible experience with the interviewer, so i didn't get in. But good luck...
A817
Gunner
Gunner

Previous | Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)