LECOM (Erie) accepted/ attending students

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Postby OlufunshoBY » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:34 pm

how does reading an article and summarizing it tell someone you are capable of handling med school and becoming a better doctor? ... I really think it's unrealistic!

what next, they'll make you take another mini-MCAT at the interview!

Rules of the game, huh!

later.
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby A817 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 pm

the article was not that bad, i did remind me of the mcat verbal again, which i dread. But it was about science, and not about art 8) . I personally got a very bad vibe from the school and the interviewer said something so horrendous that i wanted to walk out the interview right their. When i tried to refute his point, he got mad and call me naive. 4 days later i got a rejection letter. Hopefully none of you guys get that interviewer, and have a better experience.
A817
Gunner
Gunner

Postby tms2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:19 am

A817 wrote:the article was not that bad, i did remind me of the mcat verbal again, which i dread. But it was about science, and not about art 8) . I personally got a very bad vibe from the school and the interviewer said something so horrendous that i wanted to walk out the interview right their. When i tried to refute his point, he got mad and call me naive. 4 days later i got a rejection letter. Hopefully none of you guys get that interviewer, and have a better experience.

I am sorry to hear that. I guess this brings up a very important point; how an interview goes sometims depends more on the interviewer than the applicant!
I have friends who mentioned similar encounters in different schools.

Good luck with other schools
tms2
Scutophile
Scutophile

LECOM

Postby rnoorpa1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi,

I am planning on going to LECOM. I am really excited, but am slightly freaking out that it is freezing and not really close to anything. Does anyone have any inside information about Jewish life in the area by any chance?
rnoorpa1

Postby Sohaib16 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Hey guyz....I was jsut wondering whether a 3.1 GPA from Canada will give me a chance at LECOM...PPl are telling me that since my GPA is low and that I am an international student...I am actually in a disadvantage...So i was hoping to get ur guyz opinion on this
Sohaib16
Scutophile
Scutophile

Previous | Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)