Acing the MCAT: Strategic Study Skills for Good Grades Now

List for sale and wanted items here (no resale of Kaplan or MedStudy materials, please).

Moderator: Adminnaoum

Acing the MCAT: Strategic Study Skills for Good Grades Now

Postby g7enn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 am

In reply to the information I posted previously (cited below), I received the responses in parentheses.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I am afraid you didn't get it. Studying is about motivation, effective techniques and strategies, not mindlessly reading or memorizing textbooks.

If you're able to review a page of organic chemistry notes in a matter of a few seconds to under a minute, then perhaps you've got part of the technique down.

Few realize that average college students, when trained
properly, can refresh their memory by reviewing a page of
notes in seconds.

For further understanding, I refer you to this link:

http://www.parenting-healthy-children.c ... s-now.html

("So in order to get good grades, I should read the textbook silently, have someone read it to me allowed, and then recopy the textbook by hand. That way I will remember everything in the textbook! This doesn't sound inefficient at all.

Correction: If I do all that, I will remember 60% of what's in the textbook."

"Wow who would have thought that studying was the secret to good grades.... My god you should do a thesis about your findings! Hmmm nowI have the key to the universe, this is the discovery of the century!")

I got almost straight A's my last 2 years and aced the OCAT. I learned various strategic study skills. Check the book out at the web site cited below.

One of the secrets for getting good grades now has to do
with the following quote from this book:

"Studies have shown that people remember 20% of what they
read, 40% of what they read and hear and 60% of what they
read, hear and write."

If you didn't know this fact, much less how to
transform it into an effective study skill, then you've
been losing anywhere between 20%-40% of your potential
study efficiency!

http://www.parenting-healthy-children.c ... s-now.html
g7enn