Chances of getting into med schools with your scores

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Chances of getting into med schools with your scores

Postby Adminnaoum » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Updated 10/14/13

To get an idea of what your chances might be of getting into med school, we've put together 2 tools:

1. Med school application information evaluation (free for a limited time): This tool looks at a lot of variables that go into your med school application, including MCAT scores, GPA, your demographics among others and gives you 30-40 page report about your specific situation (comes up with a probability of getting accepted into med school based on historical data). It ranks your chances at different schools and makes recommendations about volunteering, research, and extra-curriculars.

2. MCAT scores analysis: This is a free tool that ranks your chances according to MCAT scores and cumulative GPA. While much less thorough that the med school application evaluation, med school data are as up-to-date as possible.

Both tools can be used anonymously.

Best of Luck,

drn
Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for this post

Postby moodybr » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:24 pm

I have been trying to find some sort of site like this and I am really thankful that you posted the link!!!!!
Thanks
moodybr

Postby wagdog1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Why doesn't this include DO schools? It suggests thinking about DO schools and schools in the caribbean but does not offer possibilities. In my opinion, this is a vast oversight.
wagdog1
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Adminnaoum » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:14 pm

I'd like to include both caribbean schools and DO schools, but I haven't been able to find the data to include them. If you know where the acceptance stats are for these schools, I'd be overjoyed to put them into the tool.

drn
Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wagdog1 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:43 am

for osteopathic schools (general statistics)
you might try:

http://www.aacom.org/data/annualreport/ ... index.html
p. 29

and

http://www.aacom.org/data/presentations/2006NEAAHP.ppt

Specifics for each school seem to be only found at their individual websites... such as:

http://www.pcom.edu/Admissions/adm_FAQs ... s.html#D.O.

I would keep going but it's almost 3 in the morning ;)

I hope that gives you hope or inspiration.

Thanks for the excellent forum and website!
wagdog1
Gunner
Gunner

Next