6 interviews- chances?

post and read interview feedback from your medical school visit.

Moderator: AL_emt

6 interviews- chances?

Postby snee123 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:41 pm

I applied to 17 middle/lower end schools and I've gotten 6 interviews total. I've been to 2 so far and the first i was waitlisted (pennstate) and the second i was rejected (suny upstate). I'm 2 for 2 and it's killing my confidence at interviews. I have four more now, but they're all in march, which is the end of the period- I know my chances are lower :(

my questions:
How many interviews are a good/average number to have under my belt?
How likely is it to get accepted after march interviews?
If you know of any people that have been accepted, can you share stats?

Thanks!!
snee123

Postby OlufunshoBY » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:18 pm

i had my interview in feb and i got accepted. 6 interviews is impressive believe it or not. I had 2 (for US med schools). Do you think your interviews for the 2 schools went well or not? What are the names of the remaning schools?

Relax, you still got 4. You know all you really need is one, so hopefully you will get it. If they are not going to consider you for acceptance, then you won't get any invitation. so keep that in mind.

Good luck
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby MD_hopeful » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:37 am

So you know soon after the interview whether or not you are accepted? Am I understanding that right?
MD_hopeful

Re: 6 interviews- chances?

Postby spazzmatic » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 am

What would you say the average wait time is to hear back from a school after an interview? I have two interviews in March but my acceptance deadline for another school is at the end of March and I'm not sure if I will be able to make my decision by then.
spazzmatic

Re: 6 interviews- chances?

Postby Antony000 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:30 am

HI,

This is not lottery chance. Nobody can tell your future including yourself. I think the best you can do is to improve your interview skill now, or whatever grade that you think you need to improve.
Antony000

Next

Return to Medical School Interviews