How long till interviews?

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

How long till interviews?

Postby R&EOGG » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:10 pm

I have applied to several D.O. schools and a few M.D. programs. While I feel my chances are next to none for the M.D. schools, I still think I am competitive with the D.O. schools. I have a master's in physical therapy and close to two years of clinical experience as a therapist. I have about 3.4 g.p.a. (combined undergrad/grad) and a 23P MCAT (9B, 8P, 6V). I am 28 and want to eventually go into orthopaedics. My question is how long after a school says they have processed your secondaries did it take to get either an interview or a rejection? It would be nice if they were or were not interested to let the person know rather quickly. Thanks for any feedback.
R&EOGG

Postby mdille2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:20 pm

It varies so much from school to school. It depends a lot on how many applicants the school has received. I know some DO school will give you an interview and tell you to send your secondary before the interview. Debusk is giving out interviews fairly quickly. Allo schools will probably not give you too much of a chance with a 23, but it has happened.
Good Luck!

Marcia
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

What was your experience?

Postby R&EOGG » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:39 pm

Can people tell me their own experiences concerning secondary applications and getting an interview?
R&EOGG

Postby mdille2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 pm

Sorry,

I applied to CCOM in August and had an interview today. I also applied to PCOM-GA in August and have yet to hear from them. I applied to DeBusk on September 25 and interviewed on October 13. I received a call from them in about 1 week.

Is that what you were asking for before? LOL.

Marcia
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)