help

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

help

Postby firemedic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:09 pm

I am 31 years old. I have been a paramedic for the past thirteen years. I have a GPA of 3.0 and a graduate GPA of 3.97 with about 22 grad hours. My MCAT is weak at best at 22M. I took it three times. I have applied to 9 DO schools and I a interview at my first one next week. I received secondaries from all of the school which I applied. This is not surprising seeing how is a extra 50 bucks for the school. In the opinion of the readers what are my chances of admission. Also, what are my chances for receiving interviews with the remaining 9 schools.

I had also considered applying to Meharry. Since I am a TN resident. I really want to be a DO though.

I have been an avid observer of this forum for some time now. I value the opinion of the readers. Please tell me what you think.

Also what type of questions will I be ask in the interview?
firemedic

Postby DeepRoller » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:48 am

I think you'll find the DO schools, especially DeBusk (since it's in Tennessee), welcoming to you.
And I hope to be your classmate in the Fall of '08...
So, good luck!

Michael
DeepRoller
Gunner
Gunner

Postby mdille2 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 am

I think that you have wisely applied to 9 schools. I do not think it is impossible to get into school with your stats, but it is not going to be a piece of cake either. Apply to Meharry, but it will be a long shot, but I think you know that. Plus, if you really want to be a DO, would you accept their offer?
]

Good Luck!
Marcia
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)