Calculation of GPA

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Calculation of GPA

Postby Hugh » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:03 pm

I'm an undergraduate student majoring in Biology with the intention of applying to one or more Osteopathic colleges. Question:
I transferred two years of undergrad work from a small college to the large university I will soon be graduating from. All of my grades were transferred from that small college, but not my GPA. My final GPA, upon graduation, will reflect only the last two years of undergrad work. That GPA will be 3.5. However, if I calculate my actual GPA (the GPA for all four years) it comes out to a 3.7. What GPA will the medical school look at? Does anyone know this? Thanks so much for your input.
Hugh
Hugh

Postby mdille2 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:51 pm

AACOMAS will calculate your gpa themselves based on all of your grades (from both schools)..So thinhs are good for you huh?

Marcia
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Postby Hugh » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:55 pm

mdille2 wrote:AACOMAS will calculate your gpa themselves based on all of your grades (from both schools)..So thinhs are good for you huh?

Marcia

Thanks Marcia... Yeah, that sounds like the most judicious assesment of one's gpa given the circumstances. I hope this is the case. :D
Hugh

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)