Please, my chances to get into a DO school?

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Postby helpmenow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:52 am

bump, sorry guys :)
helpmenow
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby mdille2 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 am

Yes you can get an interview with your score and gpa. Not all schools will use the January MCAT for this cycle, but some will. Call and ask them. Do your very best on the secondaries that you fill out, and do like the rest of...pray..lol.
Marcia
mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Postby helpmenow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:41 pm

thank you all of you who have answered, your advice has been invaluable to me, priceless! i really appreciate it and it has put my panic mode to ease and turned it into alert mode, just gotta do what i need to do to bring this stuff up.

hopefull i can get interviews just based on all this, and the fact that i am in a grad program migt seem optimistic to the schools, and if need be when im done with a semester given that i do well that should give me a boost, and yes im just gonna cotnact the schools and if my top priority schools say yes take january mcat, i so will do that!

and i have gotten advice to call schools and talk to them personally, like just to see what i need to work on and tell them what i am doing to take care of that right now, i also joined my schools PRE-SOMA osteopathic schools club, so they might see that as initiative, and also having shadowed a DO earlier, i have started to shadow another DO! so i will have 2 TWO DO reccomendation letters possibly! that would seem very proactive!

God willing i will get an interview, thats all i need! my dream school is midwestern but ill be happy with others as well!

please keep the advice comments coming, you are great all of you!
helpmenow
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby wagdog1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:10 am

gopre1236 wrote:Hey. Just a word of encouragement. I made a 20 on the MCAT and have a 3.58 gpa. I just got accepted to VCOM. It's all in the interview. Have confidence and truly show them you are wanting to go into Osteopathic Medicine for it's true qualities. So know what makes Osteopathic medicine so beautiful! Best of luck!

"Beautiful", are you serious? Other adjectives would have been more fitting...
wagdog1
Gunner
Gunner

Previous | 

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)