Interview Question

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Interview Question

Postby vbarbato » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Is it fine to say that you applied to allopathic schools during your osteopathic interview and vice versa?????
vbarbato
Sub-I
Sub-I

Postby OlufunshoBY » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:51 pm

if they don't ask, don't tell. I was asked if i applied to allopathic school, and i answered yes!

I also told them that i applied to schools based on proximity to family and my interest in the style of learning the school has to offer.

So if they ask you, tell them yes! But give a reason like closeness to a loved ones or something like that. That way it will look like all the schools u applied to fall under this criteria.

i believe they just wanted to see if u would admit to the fact that u applied to other allopathic schools.

honesty!!!!

good luck
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby this_barb » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Is there some kind of underground war being fought between the two schools of medicine? I don't see why revealing that you applied to allopathic schools in an osteopathic interview would hinder you at all.
this_barb
Gunner
Gunner

Postby OlufunshoBY » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:01 pm

i wouldn't rule out the possibility.
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby this_barb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:12 am

I think you have to consider each school on a case by case basis. When you get an interview from a school, make your mindset = "this is the only school for me; this is the one I wanted to go to" even though it may not be wholly true.
this_barb
Gunner
Gunner

Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)