Can anyone remember...

Review your favorite medical TV show.
Was it medically accurate? Was it anatomically accurate (that is, do residents actually look like that?)?

Can anyone remember...

Postby DeepRoller » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Years ago on TLC (when they still called it the Learning Channel) there was a show called "The Operation" with Dr. Donna Willis hosting. Does anyone remember that?
I saw shows on Laproscopic gall bladder, double heart bypass using the internal mammary arteries, tubal ligation, tubal ligation repair, vasectomy, vasectomy reversal through epididymal vasostomy (that's opening the capsule of the testicle), microdiscetomy of the lumbar vertebra...so many great shows!
I miss it.

Michael
DeepRoller
Gunner
Gunner

Postby DeepRoller » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:54 pm

I suppose no one does remember...

M
DeepRoller
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Can anyone remember...

Postby cheechootrain » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

no one remembers it!!
cheechootrain
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Postby danielturner » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi!!
I also never watched that show but after reading your post, I Googled It and look what I found In the discription of that show
A gynecologist is sued for malpractice by his patient on whom he has performed a hysterectomy. The suit threatens to end his prestigious medical career. At the same time, he is in the midst of a complicated divorce from his wife, who is trying to buy him out of their successful medical practice. Eventually, a conspiracy is divulged which leads to murder.
danielturner

Postby cheechootrain » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 am

Those documentaries about real life doctors are awesome. But they do go through a lot of paper work.
cheechootrain
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Next

Return to Medical TV Shows