Records

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Records

Postby DrJules » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi guys I was just wondering, I went to a med. school in the Caribbean for one semester---totally hated it and did not go back there. Now I want to apply to a DO school in the states, but I prefer to leave out my FMS experience. Is there any way the school can find out that I went to another med school :?:
Any insights will be greatly appriciated

Thanx
DrJules

Postby Jzeidenb » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:21 pm

well its not as if you got a degree there, so i dont even see the problem with reporting it. not being honest is a pitful i wouldnt risk for something liek this
Jzeidenb
Jr. House Staff
Jr. House Staff

Postby OlufunshoBY » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:56 pm

if it doesn't comes up, u shouldn't say anything about it. mentioning it would raise a whole lot of questions and skeptism about ur ability to make it thru any med sch.

good luck
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby DeepRoller » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:37 pm

If you went to one of three Caribbean schools that are able to provide Title IV aid, which 3 of the big 4 are, and received that type of aid (that's Stafford Loans in this case), then you have to report it to the DO schools.
You may get admitted to a DO school without reporting it, but that school will eventually verify your financial aid record, and they will know, then.
If you get found out that way, you will more than likely be expelled from the school. It's pretty serious stuff...so just be aware of that.

Michael
DeepRoller
Gunner
Gunner

Postby CaribMD » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:21 pm

DeepRoller wrote:If you went to one of three Caribbean schools that are able to provide Title IV aid, which 3 of the big 4 are, and received that type of aid (that's Stafford Loans in this case), then you have to report it to the DO schools.
You may get admitted to a DO school without reporting it, but that school will eventually verify your financial aid record, and they will know, then.
If you get found out that way, you will more than likely be expelled from the school. It's pretty serious stuff...so just be aware of that.

Michael

I agree that if no Fed aid then no record but I have a problem with lieing in general. If caught it is an Honor violation and grounds for dismissal. Why do people want to risk this at all? I really do not see where going to a Caribbean medschool would matter to the other school at all, you went and decided it was not for you at the time, and now you want to gain admission in the USA.
Seems fine to me. :wink:
CaribMD
The One
The One

Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)