THE OFFICIAL INTERVIEW QUESTION BOARD

post and read interview feedback from your medical school visit.

Moderator: AL_emt

Postby OlufunshoBY » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:24 am

anamaky wrote:Oluf, the second question is really tough man, seriously :)

i smiled several times before i could actually say anything. My mother is big on cleaning, so she associate everything and anything with it. :lol:
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby anamaky » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:51 pm

yeah I don't think some of things my mom stressed to me would be appropriate for mentioning at an interview, unless they're totally paraphrased (such as don't be such a lazyass, lol).
anamaky
Medical Student Moderator
Medical Student Moderator

Postby MDby30 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:55 pm

Seriously, though... What's an intelligent way to answer why not nursing, without sounding condescending?
MDby30

Postby CaribMD » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:06 pm

MDby30 wrote:Seriously, though... What's an intelligent way to answer why not nursing, without sounding condescending?

Uh two different approaches to patient care, Physicians treat and diagnose, Nurses follow treatment and give care. Yes nurses can initiate some treatments but they cannot Diagnose medical problems only care problems, really different ( I'm an RN)
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby transistor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:25 am

Two of the questions I was asked:

If you a were part of the most profitable practice in (insert your ideal region of the U.S. here) and the practice wants to begin treating (1) geriatric and terminal illness, (2) pediatric oncology and (3) HIV/AIDS yet your practice could only afford to have two programs, which would you decline and why?

In a Katrina-type situation where there are patients in your hospital (assuming you are already a doctor) and the hospital is overfilled and transport out of the hospital is impossible, how would you handle the situation given limited medical supplies and limited medical staff? (this one was a toughie for me and I spent maybe 10 minutes answering the damn question.)
transistor
Gunner
Gunner

Previous | Next

Return to Medical School Interviews