THE OFFICIAL INTERVIEW QUESTION BOARD

post and read interview feedback from your medical school visit.

Moderator: AL_emt

Re: THE OFFICIAL INTERVIEW QUESTION BOARD

Postby bigballer27 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 am

i think people should start answering some of these too lol. im stumped on some of these
bigballer27
Gunner
Gunner

Postby cheechootrain » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 am

bigballer27 wrote:i think people should start answering some of these too lol. im stumped on some of these

What questions do you want answered? Tell me and I'll be happy to answer them!
cheechootrain
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Postby 2bdoc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:38 pm

cheechootrain wrote:
bigballer27 wrote:i think people should start answering some of these too lol. im stumped on some of these

What questions do you want answered? Tell me and I'll be happy to answer them!

Please give advice on how these questions would be answered (previously posted):

If you a were part of the most profitable practice in (insert your ideal region of the U.S. here) and the practice wants to begin treating (1) geriatric and terminal illness, (2) pediatric oncology and (3) HIV/AIDS yet your practice could only afford to have two programs, which would you decline and why?

In a Katrina-type situation where there are patients in your hospital (assuming you are already a doctor) and the hospital is overfilled and transport out of the hospital is impossible, how would you handle the situation given limited medical supplies and limited medical staff?
Thanks!
2bdoc

Postby foville1859 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 am

Here's a sample, from various schools where I interviewed, not all from same school:

(1) Why do you want to do medicine

(2) What was the subject of your research, "What did you do there?", which is hard to answer in a few sentences, given how much and how complex the subjects I worked on were. I don't think that guy liked my response

(3) "I see you were a humanities major", what did you write your thesis on and why?

(4) Hypothetical situation about whether certain patients should be admitted to hospital and "iatrogenic illnesses". This one was really like a "stress interview" question in which the guy was intentionally saying stuff that doesn't make sense, to see if he can provoke the interviewee

(5) Interviewing in Canada, they wanted to see how well I can speak French and what my opinions of Quebecois independence were! I said that politics didn't seem relevant to what I want to do in medicine. They were kind of anti-American at that school

(6) "Have you thought carefully about how you will pay for your medical education?"

(7) "What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?"

(8) How do you feel that you benefited from your experiences as a volunteer and how do you feel that your volunteer work helped others

(9) Are you going to attend (some kind of luncheon) with current medical students, that they were having. I didn't go because it seemed suspicious like they are going to have the med students scope you out and report back to the admissions committee

(10) Do you know (a famous medical researcher at my university), I said yes, I have met him and I know generally what the subjects of his research are, but never worked with him directly
foville1859
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Sawank » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:53 am

It's always hard to know what kind of question interviewer is willing to ask but preparation is a better way to overcome it and through this thread all student get really very help for preparation their interview.. Thanks :)
Sawank
Scutophile
Scutophile

Previous | Next

Return to Medical School Interviews