CHances at DO?

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

CHances at DO?

Postby ngeliceyez » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:43 am

Hi i got a 23 MCAT and i have a GPA of about 3.2 THat's b/c the first three semesters i had messed up due to personal problems. after that i got at least a 3.7 in every semester and managed to bring that 1.8 to a current 3.2 I also assisted in teaching BIo and will be teaching organic chemistry lab next sem. I will be going to Oxford University in two weeks for study abroad and will be a mentor at a middle school next sem. I have volunteer experience and also have done research in the ER. I am also working with habitat for humanity as a volunteer. there's much more in terms of EC's including winning a televised dance competition.
I cannot retake the MCAT in August as i will be in Oxford
I messed up my bio section b/c i threw up right before it and got a 6. pathetic for a upper division biology class teaching assitant. got a 8 in VR and 9 in PS.

If i apply to DO's right now and that too boradly do I have a chance?
ngeliceyez

Postby OlufunshoBY » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:44 pm

the odds are aginst u, even with DO schools. U can go ahead may be to get the exposure to the whole process and try ur luck but i wouldn't put too much hope on it.

you should think about taking it again or applying to carib or post bac.

good luck
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby Adminnaoum » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Your scores aren't extremely competitive, but I would still probably try applying to DOs schools this year.

You won't be screened out based on your numbers, but you'll have to have a really good pitch.

drn
Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby helpmenow » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:17 pm

so point is..........people like this person and me, we CAN still get interviews, so basically if i really blow them away somehow in the interviews.......it might just do the trick?
helpmenow
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby OlufunshoBY » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:32 pm

interview.... might happen and might not happen. like i said i would put a lot of hope on it. but you can never say it's impossible.
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)