AAMC Practice Test vs the real thing

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

AAMC Practice Test vs the real thing

Postby northstar98 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:27 pm

hey all

just wondering what you guys all thought about the aamc practice tests vs the real mcat. i've heard mixed things. i've heard that aamc 7 and 8 are the most representative of the real thing and then i've heard that they're a lot easier. i scored a lot higher on the aamc 7 than i did on any of my tpr practice test (although i know that tpr, kaplan, etc make their practice exams a lot harder), and i would like to know i still have hope of doing well!

what do you guys think?

thanks!!
northstar98
Gunner
Gunner

Postby dmprice2 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 pm

AAMC tests are your closest representations of the real MCAT, the reciew courses make their tests harder to better prepare you.
dmprice2
Gunner
Gunner

Postby corndog » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:40 pm

On test 8, the grade scaling is all whacked so don't be surprised if your score goes down. On the real mcat, I went up 4 points over my test 7 score and my friend went up 3. Keep in mind I was almost done with my review when I took 7.
corndog
Sub-I
Sub-I

Postby northstar98 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39 am

thanks! this is definitely good news...i'm hoping to go up from that aamc 7 because then i'll be much more competitive...we still have a month so i'm really hoping!

anyone else have any opinions?
northstar98
Gunner
Gunner