am in west virginia

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Re: Sorry

Postby OlufunshoBY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:18 am

sopwith camel wrote:I'm sorry. Looking back it seemed that I was attacking you personally. I didn't really mean to. For the record it was the deuling banjos and jug as a musical instument comments that i thought were offensive. You did not make these comments and so while I was really making a blanket statement about comments like this, the words I used singled you out.
BTW a friend of mine goes to WVSOM. He is black and he hasn't had any problems there. In fact he was voted "Mr WVSOM" last year. As for the DO not having a lock on the rural med. thing, while this may be true, WVSOM has more grads in rural med than any other med school. Hard to belive as small as it is but according to a survey by the U. of Nebraska it is true.

oh ok. No offense taken. Yeah, WVSOM is ranked high among DO school. It's a good place to study without being worried about getting too distracted. That's why i like it. I don't do well with distraction.

good that everything is cleared up.

good luck.
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby svvool » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:29 pm

How can you tell how high a D.O. school is ranked?
svvool
Gunner
Gunner

Postby offguard20 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:29 pm

West Virgina 72K? Are you sure that its not over a 2 year period. Look at the prices comparison of all the DO schools.

http://www.aacom.org/colleges/tuition.asp
offguard20
Gunner
Gunner

Postby OlufunshoBY » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:17 pm

no not over a 2yr period. Unless they have changed it with the last few weeks but yes, for out of states, its 72K/yr.

And it's about that range over the 4yr period, so it's about 270-280K when u graduate.
OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Postby jolosa » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:21 pm

I looked up the cost for WVSOM and the $73k for a year includes such things as housing, medical, dental, transportation, books, personal expenses, suplies, and special circumstances. I wonder what they consider there? Any way the tuition alone is not that high. WVSOM also ranked with US News and World report in the top 50 medcial schools, MD and DO, in the nation and in the top 10 in rural medicine. They also offer two different types of learning tracks. The traditional classroom with large amounts of students or the Problem Based Learning track. The latter is very interesting and I wished more schools taught like that.
jolosa

Previous | Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)