Residency programs in Caribean a Medical Schools

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

Residency programs in Caribean a Medical Schools

Postby Harikishan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:33 am

Other than TAU, is there any good medical school offering Residency programs without USMLE for Indian MBBS
Harikishan

Re: Residency programs in Caribean a Medical Schools

Postby CaribMD » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:05 pm

medical schools do not offer residencies
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby Harikishan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am

Dear CaribMD,

I know Texila American University and Xaviour Univ. School of Medicine both Caribbean Medical Schools are offering PG Medical courses. TMU offers M.Med degree and Xaviuor Univ. School of Medicine offers M.D. (Post Graduate) degree. I feel these 2 Univ. standards are not so good. I wanted to know whether any other good Caribbean Medical Schools are offering PG medical courses on par with US Residency courses.
Harikishan

Postby CaribMD » Sat May 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Harikishan wrote:Dear CaribMD,

I know Texila American University and Xaviour Univ. School of Medicine both Caribbean Medical Schools are offering PG Medical courses. TMU offers M.Med degree and Xaviuor Univ. School of Medicine offers M.D. (Post Graduate) degree. I feel these 2 Univ. standards are not so good. I wanted to know whether any other good Caribbean Medical Schools are offering PG medical courses on par with US Residency courses.

post graduate courses are not MD degrees, post graduate means after medical school and is residency training, the first year is the intern year.
gnerally most specialties are 3 plus years of residency (post graduate) training. None of the carribean schools I know of can offer this, if they do its unaccredited, in the US ACGME accredits residencies.
GL
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby ElianaBryson » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:58 am

Windsor University has whole housing department which accommodate housing to its students. Most of the housing is under 20 minutes drive from our ST. Kitts Caribbean medical school campus and these apartments are fully furnished. Apart from that we are also having affiliation with different hotels and resort to facilitate our student further. In hotel rooms a working desk, a bed, restaurant, gym, study lounge and kitchen facility is also available.
ElianaBryson

Return to Foreign & Caribbean Medical Schools