Failed Out of 1 of Top 4 And Going To Another Top 4 School V

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

Failed Out of 1 of Top 4 And Going To Another Top 4 School V

Postby Confused 20 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Hello, I failed out of the hardest top 4 school (one in which you needed a 75 to pass) and will begin another 1 of the top 4 schools in the very near future. This will be my final attempt at medicine and I plan on pursuing a different career once I fail this time (whether it be 1 or 5 semester). I am very much willing to accept that I do not have the mental capacity to handle the volume of material that one is responsible for in medical school. I have a tremendous desire and work ethic and have no problem spending virtually all my time studying very intensely ( I would spend 12-15 hour days studying in undergraduate and 18 hour study days (class plus study) in my time in medical school).

Given my extremely strong work ethic, I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to go about my long study days. Does anyone know of any methods to legitimately improve memory or reading comprehension? I wish to maximize my studying and plan on doing 17 hour study days (of class and studying) and trying to get around 6 hours of sleep. Is it possible to increase your mental capacity or do I have to accept that me being of average intelligence and an auditory written learner without much of a science background means there is no way possible to be a physician? I failed out the first time not because of lack of work ethic, being home sick or anything else other than I could not perform well enough on the exams. Despite studying all day long a felt that I did not have a good grasp of the material because of the volume.

Any input from anybody on how I can improve my studying efficiency will be greatly appreciated.
Confused 20
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Failed Out of 1 of Top 4 And Going To Another Top 4 Scho

Postby CaribMD » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:14 am

I find the study books helped me a lot, look on amazon and get the basic science study books, current First aid and step one study with Kaplan during Basic science can help a lot.

Since you want to do this do not be cheap, use the aids.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Return to Foreign & Caribbean Medical Schools