Which is the best stethoscope for medical students?

The Match, Med School, the USMLE, rotations, Med Neuro...

Moderators: CaribMD, Vonsmack

Which is the best stethoscope for medical students?

Postby stethoscopeguide » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:41 am

I'm a medical student and will start studying cardiology and respiratory systems next year ... any help p.s please write the name of specific type of stethoscope.
stethoscopeguide

Re: Which is the best stethoscope for medical students?

Postby EmilyW » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I really like the 3M Littmann Scopes. The Classics are around $100, or you could go a little cheaper with a Select for 1/2 that. No need to spend $300+ as a student, IMHO.

Just make sure to get the appropriate application model (ie: Peds, Infant, Cardio, or more general).
EmilyW

Postby chinmay » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:54 am

The best stethoscope ought to be sufficiently lightweight that it is advantageous to bear. It ought to be of the right length – sufficiently long to keep a watchful separation from the patient, and sufficiently short to keep it from disturbing different undertakings.

Stomachs must be of adaptable material and of the right measurement – 25mm for pediatric patients, 35mm for grown-up patients and 45mm particularly for cardiology use.

The stethoscope must have earpieces that are agreeable, mid-section piece edge that is non-chill, and great acoustic quality — you will need to recognize s1 and s2, lung sounds, heart mumbles, carotid bruits, inside sounds, and most body sounds.
chinmay

Postby rugilerar » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:15 am

I have no idea how to choose it. The thing is that I'm not going to work in clinical medicine so I'll probably never need it after I graduate. Thus I was thinking about one from these single head stethoscopes. What do you think about it, which one would be decent enough to pass my exams but not too big investment as won't be used in the future?
rugilerar

Postby lindseynicole010 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:22 am

thanks
lindseynicole010

Next

Return to Medical Students Forum