Fifth Best Medical School in the Caribbean

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

Fifth Best Medical School in the Caribbean

Postby Confused 20 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

I am going to apply to the Big 4 in the near future and my stats and extracurriculars are pretty good but I scored pretty low on the MCAT and therefore am thinking about applying to the second tier of medical schools if I am unable to get into the Big 4 with my low MCAT score. Could anybody who is knowledgeable in the are give me an idea of what they feel is the 5th (and 6th perhaps) best school in the Caribbean(so I could see if my MCAT is competitive for that school)? Is there one school (like AUA for example) or a few schools that is/are pretty much unanimously considered as the 5th best school or a few that are in the highest tier of schools other than the Big 4?
Confused 20
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Fifth Best Medical School in the Caribbean

Postby foville1859 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 pm

There actually was a discussion on this site earlier in which a writer proposed a "ranking" for all of the Caribbean medical schools:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18269&p=67902&hilit=ranking#p67902

The criteria that they used are certain debatable, some of it is more like that author's personal opinion than consensus based on hard facts.

But on the other hand, he or she clearly knows at least something about ALL of the Caribbean schools and gives the reasons for their ranking
foville1859
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Oasisves » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 am

I like to make friends To talk about this. I think it's a good topic.
Oasisves

Postby CaribMD » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:43 am

AUA is now California approved I would say its now the "BIG 5" because thats a big deal
CaribMD
The One
The One

Return to Foreign & Caribbean Medical Schools