is 47 too old to go to medical school?

For applicants who have been out of school for a few years, or are planning to have a family in medical school, or have other non-traditional qualities.

Moderators: CaribMD, AL_emt

Re: is 47 too old to go to medical school?

Postby Sawank » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 am

Learning has no age barrier neither the amount of knowledge distributing has the barrier . One should only have passion to learn and give knowledge so age of 47 or 67 doesn't matter !
Sawank
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby sb01 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you for your support. I have officially decided to pursue my passion by becoming a doctor. :D
sb01

Postby CaribMD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

47 is not too old, but you want to focus on doing well and accepting that your pay will be low for a few years.

I'm 51 currently and trying to get into s residency and I may be finally able to get into one with this year or by next, so a few more years of low pay but the pay off for the rest of my life is priceless because its want I want an love to do.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby sb01 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

I love your encouragement. I am starting to make preparations for my premed studies now and I am very excited.

I know will get into a us residency because you've earned it. Can I ask you a question? What Caribbean medical school did you attend? And was the curriculum above average? That was one of my considerations. Is it worth it?
sb01

Postby CaribMD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 pm

sb01 wrote:I love your encouragement. I am starting to make preparations for my premed studies now and I am very excited.

I know will get into a us residency because you've earned it. Can I ask you a question? What Caribbean medical school did you attend? And was the curriculum above average? That was one of my considerations. Is it worth it?

I went to both St. James and Aureus University of Medicine, Both have decent curriculums, Aureus had great 3rd and 4th year rotations some were in Baltimore MD.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Previous | Next

Return to Non-Traditional Premeds