Dating a new med student long distance. Help need advice!!!

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

Dating a new med student long distance. Help need advice!!!

Postby renee5525 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi Guys. I'm new here.

I have been talking to this amazing guy and he is in his first yr in med school. we have been talking for about 5 months. He lives in Texas and i live in Va. He attends Texas AM. We are still at the getting to know you stage and i really love it. i support him and very proud of him. I am now having a hard time now because he now studying and has turned his phone off. I feel like maybe he's not into me anymore. i know that med school is really hard but i feel like i'm just being silly but wish that he would be around just once a week or just let me know when he is going to disappear in his studies. Is there any advice for me or am i just being silly?
renee5525

Re: Dating a new med student long distance. Help need advice

Postby elahe » Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi :)
I'm new too.. i am also in a long distance relationship with a med student :/ hmm what advice can i give.. well i think when you do talk with him again (and make sure you're in a calm state of mind) just talk to him and ask him these questions you're having, best case is if he properly listens to you and tells you he's just busy and truly not avoiding you, at which you point you have to learn to trust him. you aren't being silly and the feelings you're having are exactly the same that i (and many other girls) think about often.
Stick with it and when you two next talk, be calm!
elahe

Postby Isabelle » Fri May 10, 2013 8:39 am

Hi There :)

Well , in my opinion , what any relationship needs is complete honesty .

First of all , I think you should be frank and straight-forward with him , you just ask him if that was because of his little available time or that he had a problem with you as a person or as his girlfriend . Tell him you shouldn't be intimidated or embarrassed to say what you really feel and want , and knowing now is much better than wasting your and his time .
Second , you have to know that not all busy people turn off their phone and just leave their people hanging there . He might be having a concentration problem which is okay for now , but it is not okay to turn off your phone as long as you're busy and forever . If you love someone or something , you'll someway find the time to do it .

I hope I've helped , let me know if anything new happens :)
Isabelle

Postby mipel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

So what happened after half a year?
mipel

Postby rainy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:45 am

Hi there,

I'm in long dist relationship with a med student too, and yes it is normal that you feel this way. I've been through exactly this stage before, spent most nights crying because he can disappear for days especially when his exams are coming. Just try to communicate as much as possible when you have the chance to skype, you will be fine. Be understanding and accept that it is a lonely journey for now but one day it will all be worth it :) stay strong!
rainy

Next

Return to OT - Off topic discussions