Dissertation on osteopathy

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Dissertation on osteopathy

Postby kenobiseb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am

Hello everyone!

Let me first introduce myself : I'm French and I'm writing a dissertation on osteopathy to get my master's degree, and my subject is osteopathy. What is I need to do is, I need to come up with at least 100 terms specific to osteopathy, translate them, find a quotation or a sentence to illustrate the term and then translate that quotation. It doesn't sound too bad but it's hard for someone like me who doesn't know much about the subject. I've found quite a few words but they're in French, because I can't find English sources (that's where I need you guys). Do any of you have any tips on how to get information in English about osteopathy and osteopathic terms, so I can add some context?

Thank you for your help,

Sébastien
kenobiseb

Re: Dissertation on osteopathy

Postby Brady Kinesia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm

This is a very good tool:

http://www.linguee.fr/

It's like a dictionary, but much better because it compares pre-translated passages side-by-side so that you see the words, phrases, terms in their context. So if you have a French book about osteopathy, type in French phrases, and the Linguee will search the internet for passages containing them. These are pre-translated passages done by humans, not "machine translations"
Brady Kinesia
Sub-I
Sub-I

Postby kenobiseb » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:43 am

Yes I knew this website. Anyway I've finished my glossary now (yes it's more a glossary than a dissertation). Thanks for the tip anyway
kenobiseb

Postby Sameer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 am

Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions. It works with the structure and function of the body, and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
Sameer
Scutophile
Scutophile

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)