What are my chances for Osteopathic Med Schools?

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

What are my chances for Osteopathic Med Schools?

Postby WonderingWanderer » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:33 am

So currently my cGPA is 3.15 and my sGPA is 2.95. MCAT's 30. I retook Organic Chemistry and Physics. I have 3 years of Clinical work (as a Secretary at a Doctor's office), and 2 years of volunteering related to Health Services. And I have a upcoming research project that I will go into.

I know I'm at the low end, and I do have one more year left to "boost" my GPA. But I wanted to know if I had any chances for any schools. I calculated my "estimated future" GPA, and realistically speaking I think next year my cGPA would be 3.3 and sGPA 3.1.

Any helpful input would be great.
WonderingWanderer

Re: What are my chances for Osteopathic Med Schools?

Postby emt2er-doc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Your GPA needs work. If you can increase it and do well on the MCAT you have a shot. The only thing that is 100% is that you have absolutely no chance of getting in if you do not apply.
emt2er-doc
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: What are my chances for Osteopathic Med Schools?

Postby CaribMD » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 am

WonderingWanderer wrote:So currently my cGPA is 3.15 and my sGPA is 2.95. MCAT's 30. I retook Organic Chemistry and Physics. I have 3 years of Clinical work (as a Secretary at a Doctor's office), and 2 years of volunteering related to Health Services. And I have a upcoming research project that I will go into.

I know I'm at the low end, and I do have one more year left to "boost" my GPA. But I wanted to know if I had any chances for any schools. I calculated my "estimated future" GPA, and realistically speaking I think next year my cGPA would be 3.3 and sGPA 3.1.

Any helpful input would be great.

If you calculate GPA like this

All grades ever given including retakes that is the GPA, for DO they may calculate this separately but with the recent cut back in acceptance numbers due to the residency spot shortage predicted its only getting tougher to get in,

Few medical school spots
More applying
CaribMD
The One
The One

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)