Coping with Stress

Career and education discussion for nurses and nursing students. LPN/LVN, BSN, RN, MSN, Doctor of Nursing.

Moderator: CaribMD

Coping with Stress

Postby amygarside » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 pm

There are a number of friends of mine who are suffering from work related stress, I am also suffering from this situation. I have done various ways in order to manage my stress level. Hopefully I will be coping more and be able to get through the day with less tiredness.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Coping with Stress

Postby DOdoc » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am

Hi,

Though you didn't pose a specific question, I would like to add a few thoughts. As a physician (in addition to many other professions) schedules can dictate your life and lifestyle but remember: only if you let it. In order to be the most effective at anything, including family, work, stress, and life in general, it is very important to manage stress appropriately as it is unavoidable.

I strongly suggest MAKING the time for yourself--be it a hobby, personal/down time, family time, or vacation. It is vitally important to strike a balance between commitments and self need. Remember, we operate best when we find a good balance between body-mind-spirit. As working professionals, our minds are usually fed properly; as (at least in the US!) humans in developed countries are bodies are usually fed; but we often neglect our spirits. It is just as important as the other two...

There are many resources available to help manage stress including online resources, support groups, blogs, and the like. In addition, I suggest seeking out a trusted religious leader, personal friend, or groups of individuals who meet with common interests (school, church, hobby-related groups, etc.). If you cannot find any information or help through these outlets, please seek out professional assistance--there is no shame in asking for help, only in refusing to admit help is needed...denial is a VERY powerful influence affecting many unseen compenents of life and it is well-documented that unchecked stress will premateurely end life. Please take it seriously.

At least that is my opinion...

Good luck,
Dr. F.
DOdoc
Gunner
Gunner

Postby amygarside » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:51 am

Thank you Dr. F. for this piece of advice. I am also aware that sometimes not dealing with stress could lead to a more serious situation like sickness. I am trying to find different ways that will work for me in order to cope with my stress. For now I am into exercise and doing knitting for relaxation.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Eilson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 am

Stress is a common problem and we all feel stress in our life. We can deal with stress easily with these tools. In my opinion it is good to do yoga for reducing stress. Walk is also good and try to listen some music for stress.
Eilson

Postby amygarside » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Thank you Eilson for the suggestion. I appreciate it very much.
amygarside
Gunner
Gunner

Next

Return to Nurse & Nursing Forum