MCAT Study Ideas

MCAT preparation and implications of MCAT scores.

Moderators: cheechootrain, CaribMD, AL_emt

Re: MCAT Study Ideas

Postby goldstandard_mcat » Sun May 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Preparing for the MCAT is crucial, thus, premeds try to find ways in order to make the preparation as effective as possible. Yes, you have the right study tools. But are you mentally ready for the tons of study materials you have to deal with for months?

So, here's some advice on improving your concentration.

Rely on exercise, not caffeine. It is easy to fix a cup of coffee every time you feel like your concentration is down. But this stimulant makes you dependent on coffee. On the other hand, exercise provides you with the extra energy you need for the day. It also makes you feel happier and lighter – the perfect combination to study well.

Do not skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast will raise your adrenaline and it will make you feel stressed.

Drink lots of water. The brain needs water for it to function well. If you feel that your ability to focus is waning, drink up.

Overcome procrastination. When you know that you have not put off any tasks, you will be able to concentrate on your review. As for you review, you can study 10 passages a day. Say, 2 each for Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Verbal Reasoning.

Avoid distractions. When it is time to study, put off the television, video games and social media.

Take a break. Take a 10-minute break after every hour of study. You can use the break to engage in activities that do not strain the eyes such as a short nap, meditation, walking and eating a light snack.
goldstandard_mcat
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Sawank » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:04 am

Hey It's been almost 2 year since you asked about studying tips. I just want to know have you clear the exam or not?

You can pass MCAT exam through flexible self-study schedule and with MCAT study material or online MCAT study programs or self study as well.
Sawank
Scutophile
Scutophile

Postby goldstandard_mcat » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:48 am

Anyone looking for MCAT study ideas, especially for the new MCAT, check out the advice from this blog:
http://mcat-premed-mcat-scores.blogspot ... -mcat.html

For creating effective MCAT study notes, here is another nice article
http://mcat-premed-mcat-scores.blogspot ... notes.html
goldstandard_mcat
Gunner
Gunner

Postby elana9584 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:53 am

hiii
I figure if I study what I can now, it will be burned into my brain after 2 years of studying the same material. Any one else have any suggestions or ideas? Also, any comments on what you are doing, personally, to better prepare for the MCAT, I would love to know that as well.
elana9584

Postby 16chauc » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:03 am

Does anyone recommend getting a private tutor or tutoring session in general? I've heard people do well with tutors but then again everyone learns differently.
16chauc

Previous | Next

Return to MCAT Forum