DO vs DC

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

Re: DO vs DC

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 pm

SO can a DC do anything a DO can't do?

Can a DO do anything an MD can't do? (if not, why does the school even exist?)
furcifer

Postby CaribMD » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:45 pm

I think the confusion is the Title "Doctor"

Doctor of Osteopathy and Doctor of Medicine (also MBBS) are the entry degrees for the Practice of medicine
this includes everything a Doctor of Chiropractic may perform, but most MD's do not choose to provide this type of care.
Some DO's do.

There are Doctor titles in other health fields as well but only the three I mentioned can practice at the highest level of the "Practice of Medicine"
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 pm

So what can a DO do that an MD can't then if both entry level and if an MD can do what a DO does?
What would be the point of even having a DO as a seperate entry degree and not just a speciality to do after MD like anesthesia?
furcifer

Postby CaribMD » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:37 pm

OK this is my last post on this one

MD and DO are the same basically but DO's study some different treatments than MD's usually do, but both can and do offer the same treatments and care many times.

I cannot answer why one Chooses MD, DO or DC its due to many reasons, some are personal and others are due to the kind of practice they want to perform.

But A DC is at a lower level of practice than an MD and DO. A DC can never offer all the treatment Options a DO could.
DO's and DC's do share more in common than most MD's

I'm sorry if I do not answer this more specifically, its a broad topic and I really do not believe that any are "Better" than the other, Just that there different levels of practice and care. Americans are constantly wanting to say one is better than the other, one is the winner, one is the Best honestly this is subjective opened to interpenetration and opinion.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby furcifer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 am

at least you told me what you could. Thanks. :)
furcifer

Previous | Next

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)