A couple of questions on preparing for the boards...

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

A couple of questions on preparing for the boards...

Postby IrasciBill » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 pm

I just finished my first year and I'm going to start preparing for the boards this summer. Two questions:

First, I've heard the Board Review Series books are good and I'm starting off with a couple of those. For subjects I was going to order Pathology and Pharmacology and when I've finished with those move on to maybe Anatomy. Will those be helpful or are there other subjects that are more highly represented on the exam that I should focus on first?

Second, everyone has told me the First Aid book is the best, and you should get it and take notes into it. I've ordered the First Aid for the COMLEX, is this the one they mean? Does it cover everything on the boards or just the OMM stuff?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with either of these.
IrasciBill

Re: A couple of questions on preparing for the boards...

Postby CaribMD » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 am

Board review series is only good for Behavior and ANatomy.

for everything else

First aid ( are you taking Comlex or USMLE or both?)
Kaplan review books
CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: A couple of questions on preparing for the boards...

Postby emt2er-doc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:47 pm

practice, practice, practice. I cannot stress enough how much you need to do practice questions on sites like USMLE world, kaplan, Q-Bank, etc. The more questions you do, the more familiar you are with the concepts that they are testing and how they are testing and it gives you an idea of where your strong points and weak points are.
emt2er-doc
Sub-I
Sub-I

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)