Windows 7 Installation Issue

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

Windows 7 Installation Issue

Postby danielturner » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi!! I tried to install win 7 but after the first part of installation was complete and computer rebooted their came an error on a black screen like a dos screen saying that unable to load c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe so i thought i should check system32 through Command prompt that is there any file in there or its really missing so when i checked the file it was there in the same directory with the same name and my windows is still not installing successfully any one have any idea about this.
danielturner

Re: Windows 7 Installation Issue

Postby CaribMD » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 pm

danielturner wrote:Hi!! I tried to install win 7 but after the first part of installation was complete and computer rebooted their came an error on a black screen like a dos screen saying that unable to load c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe so i thought i should check system32 through Command prompt that is there any file in there or its really missing so when i checked the file it was there in the same directory with the same name and my windows is still not installing successfully any one have any idea about this.

I would try to reformat and reinstall then.

put the installation DVD in and when it boots up you want to delete the partitions and then let it reformat, then it should install and work well.

post back if you have any more problems.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby danielturner » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Yes I've deleted all the partitions to make the fresh partitions. Then I've Formated the partitions in which I wanted the window to be installed but it still doing the same thing not working for me again giving the same error that "ntoskrnl.exe" file is missing, I was wondering that could it be something wrong with my DVD
danielturner

Postby CaribMD » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 am

danielturner wrote:Yes I've deleted all the partitions to make the fresh partitions. Then I've Formated the partitions in which I wanted the window to be installed but it still doing the same thing not working for me again giving the same error that "ntoskrnl.exe" file is missing, I was wondering that could it be something wrong with my DVD

Your not going to like this,

I would bet its the hard drive itself, 90% of these type of errors are related to Failing Hard drives with bad sectors, any bad sector will mean the hard drive is on the way out, may not be today but soon.

Another reason could be memory Ram but I think its probably Hard drive.

I would consider replacing it or at least using a Hardware scan tool to make sure its working proper.
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby harryhamlin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 am

NO DOUBT!! It's a hardware issue.. get it replaced my friend. You have no choice.
harryhamlin

Return to OT - Off topic discussions