Shoes! What do you wear at the hospital?

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

Shoes! What do you wear at the hospital?

Postby lovedoctor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:50 am

Hey everyone!
soooo i'm starting my internship at the Hospital Pompidou in paris, and Im sooooo excited... except that I heard that the students run around like headless chickens!! soo I wanted to know, what is best? to wear sneakers or sports clogs?
I really want to be confortable, and of course, to be able to race to a patient or the ER..
I found these online and I wanted know what you guys that about them?
twenga.com/price-sport-clogs.html
Theyre closed and theyre clogs, so maybe they mixed comfort and something practical?
anyways I just wanted to have your opinion on this..
thanks again!
have a great day!
Last edited by Adminnaoum on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed link to prevent link building
lovedoctor

Re: Shoes! What do you wear at the hospital?

Postby CaribMD » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:02 am

Danskos have saved my feet! Worth every cent!

Average price will be 75 to 120 USD but worth the price! CHeck them out!
CaribMD
The One
The One

Postby vanmed » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:04 am

Clogs, easier to slip off for a quick second and arent as heavy. I would go with Kroks or Sketcher if you can find them.
Last edited by vanmed on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
vanmed

Postby robin7411 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:45 am

thank you for sharing, It is a great post.
robin7411

Postby IMNOTDRPHIL » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 pm

lovedoctor wrote:Hey everyone!
soooo i'm starting my internship at the Hospital Pompidou in paris, and Im sooooo excited... except that I heard that the students run around like headless chickens!! soo I wanted to know, what is best? to wear sneakers or sports clogs?
I really want to be confortable, and of course, to be able to race to a patient or the ER..
I found these online and I wanted know what you guys that about them?
twenga.com/price-sport-clogs.html
Theyre closed and theyre clogs, so maybe they mixed comfort and something practical?
anyways I just wanted to have your opinion on this..
thanks again!
have a great day!

I wear my old worn-out running shoes that I would otherwise throw away when I am on rotations where I wear scrubs. Otherwise, the dress code is either business casual (medicine/FP/peds clinics) or shirt-and-tie (specialty clinics) and I wear brown or black dress shoes. I like old running shoes because:

- You WILL get your shoes dirty when you are on rotations where you wear scrubs. If you get a big stain on an old pair of knockaround shoes, who cares? If you get a big stain on a new pair of $100+ shoes, you might be a bit upset.
- They are free. You basically have to pay back twice what you borrowed in loans (6.8% minimum interest on a 10-year loan, the Rule of 70 says the amount you pay back roughly doubles), so those $130 Danskos really cost you at least $260. Spending $260 on shoes you will get covered in iodine, blood, amniotic fluid, and who knows what else is simply asinine.
- They are comfortable enough. NO shoes will keep your feet from feeling tired if you have to stand up on hard concrete or tile floors for 12 hours, despite what the Dansko salesman tells you.
- You can move around in them pretty well and they are more or less nonslip.
IMNOTDRPHIL
Scutophile
Scutophile

Next

Return to OT - Off topic discussions