LECOM Admissions Process

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

LECOM Admissions Process

Postby nmr81889 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:57 pm

So I submitted my secondaries for LECOM (both campuses) and noticed that the email invitations for the secondaries state that "If you are accepted for admission, LECOM will also require a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician to complete your application..."

This may sound like a stupid question, but does this mean that they can deny you admission on the basis of the physician LOR after you have already been offered admission? Otherwise, why would they require a letter after being accepted?

If any LECOM students or applicants have an answer, it would be greatly appreciated.
nmr81889

Re: LECOM Admissions Process

Postby TriagePreMed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:41 am

I have read that these schools do require a DO LOR, so it seems that's the case.
TriagePreMed
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: LECOM Admissions Process

Postby baby2020 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:05 am

The first semester of your freshman year is not going to determine whether you get into med school. It is normals and common for students to require a period of adjustment to college-level work. Med schools know that.

The fact that you earned an A- and 2 A + grades indicates that you have much academic potential. Of course you can redeem yourself. It may take the entire year before you really hit your stride and understand what is expected of you, but again, the freshman year isn't make-or-break as far as getting into a graduate or professional school is concerned.

Return to Osteopathic Medicine (DO)